Friday, September 24, 2010

Macro Collage

I found almost all of these items in my own back yard...it was a pretty cool nature walk...and some very weird things grow in the woods behind my house. 

Using the Macro application was interesting.  I had the zoom all the way to the W for most of these pictures and  my camera manual states that with this setting, I can shoot subjects at distances as close as 2  3/8" , which was about right but I think I got closer than that.  However, I did try with the zoom all the way to the T.  This setting was very blurry and I could not hold the camera steady enough for the picture to come out visibly.  It is recommended with the T setting to use it about 11 7/8" away from the subject.  That was too far to get the closeness  of the picture that I wanted. 


 

11 comments:

  1. I just love this collage. The colors are soft and nature and, though from different subjects, blend well together. Great eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really great! It is a very united collage, yet it has a lot of variety within the overlying theme. Great captures of texture and nice job switching up the perspective in a lot of them. I love how the mushrooms look like trees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. I had a lot of fun with this project. It was cool seeing all of the different objects I could actually photograph so closely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! I love all the different textures and tones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job. It amazing what you can find in your back yard to take photos of. I like the picture of the bumble bee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the different textures, detail and tone in these pictures. I really love the photo of the bee on the flower. These pictures go great together, very nice job

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melanie, I like your collage! I especially like the row of mushrooms, bee, and pinecone pictures, I like how it has a nature theme. You did a great job!
    Kaylee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very detailed I liked it alot. The arrangement was well put also.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can smell the outdoors looking at these shots, so neat the "woodsy" feel you made it have. How lucky are you to have all that neat stuff in your yard.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is so much that you applied in this collage - contrast, lighting, colors, definition. This is amazing + awesome job yo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is wonderful! I love the details. The shots of the mushrooms are great. Nice work!
    Isn't nature awesome?

    ReplyDelete