There are people like me who don’t actually understand why some of the pictures they take come out the way they do; some to light, some to dark, and some not focused enough. I have finally come to understand as I use and learn what my camera can do. The two pictures I have taken will help to explain.
The top most picture is an apple tree with clusters of honey crisp apples growing everywhere. It is taken from the ground pointing up towards the beautiful blue sky. I have zoomed in to try to capture how scrumptious and fresh the apples are. They smell like the freshness of the fall.
The camera is set with the original exposure value and the ISO setting on auto which used its lowest setting of 100. No flash was used. I set the aperture to F/5.6 and shutter speed of 60. With the low aperture and higher shutter speed, it allows the picture to have an increased depth of field so the whole picture is bright, sharp, and focused.
With the next picture in mind, I wanted to show how beautiful the orchard is how many apples were on the trees, and how many trees there were in a single row. The orchard is absolutely beautiful with many apple trees all over a few acres of land. Finding it difficult to stay in just one area, it really didn’t take my daughter and I long to pick a bushel of apples.
The original exposure value, ISO, and flash settings are the same. However, I set the aperture on F/10 and the shutter speed on 50. Having a higher aperture and lower shutter speed causes the picture to be darker in color. The focus is on the foreground with softer effect on the trees in the back and without losing the value and effect of the picture as a whole.
It goes to show that a picture taken becomes a persons own work of art with the different options a person chooses to use. My favorite picture of the two is the second picture. I like how it shows not only the close up of the apple tree with apples, but also the path to what looks like an endless amount of picking to be done. I had a great time picking and seeing the different sizes and colors of apples that each tree has to offer and being able to spend time making memories with my daughter Carlie.
No comments:
Post a Comment